if we could, we would major in CREATIVITY!
this is our easter picture! i was upset that we didn't get to take pictures in the bluebonnets but it worked out alright. anna and hannah.rose.broom and i went to church with the methodists! they had a beautiful brass quintet and we sang wonderful easter hymns and the hallelujah chorus. it was warm and bright in church even though outside was rainy...how does that always happen on easter?
...I thought you hate potatoes...
they were fried potatoes. that solves all problems.
they were fried potatoes. that solves all problems.
i did. because every st patrick's day rosie's dad makes corned beef and cabbage. because they like the irish. and culture. and rosie's dad just likes to cook.
we had sushi! how cultured. we seem to consume a lot of food during culture week.
I love edamame almost as much as I love Amy Oxley, so I was a very happy camper.
this play changed my life. the dada play! all about the dada art movement and all its leaders. the new play was produced as a play within a play with a flashback. woah. i especially loved the random musical number in the first act. way to kickline doll faces.
The Dada Play was truly an inspiration! Dadaism is so anti-everything, and it fascinates the heck out of me! I walked home from the play in the beautiful, sunshiny weather and just felt so free and cultured. Success!
we were so inspired by the dada play to go out and create art that we started our own movement. "oh." say it any way you want and that is how it's supposed to be said.
Everyone congratulate Emily on this great facial expression. It's very "O".
This is my darling roommate, Meghan, reacting to the art movement. She was much more enthralled by American Idol at the time, I'm sure.
Here I am "studying" for my "music test"...what that really translates to is "getting very distracted and creating "O" art instead." By the way, I got 100% on that music test. Ha!
in other, unpictured, culture news: i went to dallas for the weekend and saw the seniors last production of the year at arts magnet. ah! wilderness was wonderful and i was really so proud of my boys, just like mrs. albitz said i would be.
Chris tried to define "O" and...it really just didn't make sense at all. At least he was serious about it.
in other, unpictured, culture news: i went to dallas for the weekend and saw the seniors last production of the year at arts magnet. ah! wilderness was wonderful and i was really so proud of my boys, just like mrs. albitz said i would be.
i also saw murder on the nile! a thrilling agatha christie murder mystery. i really apprieciated the multiple deaths and the increadibly loud gunshots. who knew blanks could be so loud?
after the show my parents and i went to eat at east wind, yes another asian dining experience. as we were eating i proclaimed something other about my old english teacher, ms. deore the crazy buddhist! just as our waiter was refilling my water glass. needless to say i got a look from him and from the rest of the patrons. my parents, however were falling out of their chairs with laughter. thanks guys.
yay culture!
In my other, much less Texan, much better-in-general-but-still-unpictured cultural news, Hannah.Rose.Broom and I were just wandering around Norman one evening and we heard this heavenly music wafting out of Cafe Plaid. We entered and were immediately greeted by a fantastic jazz trio/quartet! These guys had on incredible Italian shoes, and Hannah.Rose.Broom and I competed to see who could make the most eye contact with the guitarist (because we are girls, after all). But in the end, it was all about the music...
Up Next...the last Culture Week in Norman before we depart for a summer in North Carolina!
woah north carolina.
I would just like to clarify...the picture of me was taken of me on a Thursday. American Idol is on Tuesdays. Thanks :]
ReplyDelete